Sunday 24 May 2015

Race For Life

On my medal hanger I have 8 medals.  I've worked hard to earn them; got up early to train and changed my diet to make me faster.  But if it hadn't been for the guys behind the scenes the races would never have happened so today I felt it was right I gave something back.

I spent the day in Guildford as a marshal at the Race for Life.  There were two 5k races, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  My role was to make sure the participants knew where to go, make sure they didn't trip on the big pot hole I was guarding, but more importantly to encourage them to keep going.  

Race for Life is a different sort of race from the one's I normally take part in, but it was my first race in 2013.  The people running/walking this race aren't trying to do the best time ever, they are trying to raise as much money for Cancer Research UK as possible and at the same time they are remembering their loved ones touched by cancer or their own journey with cancer which makes this event is so special.

I hope that I helped everyone to have a great day, and I hope they all believed me when I shouted at them 'You are all amazing'.

No comments: