A lot of people will recognise the cable above as a typical power cable for a mac. The week before UXDI started it was suggested that as most people would be attending with a mac it would be sensible to mark our cables up so there wouldn't be any confusion.
I started with some washi tape, but it wouldn't stay stuck down so I had another think (and looked on google for inspiration).
There were quite a lot of people using knitted i-cords for headphone, which I loved the idea of, however when I tried it the power cable was just too thick. So I did it another way - knitting myself a tiny strip of knitting - only 10 stitches wide, then sewing it to the cable.
I'm very pleased with how it's come out. There is no way anyone can confuse this with their's now and I think it looks pretty good. If I was doing it again I think I'd use only 8 stitches, but we live and learn.
I have had the suggestion that as I've made the cable a scarf maybe I should knit the plug a balaclava, but I think that can wait till another day.