Saturday 13 May 2017

Fierce little dragon


I first came across the fierce little dragon pattern over 2 years ago.  But as a beginner crocheter it looked too complicated for me to make.  So I printed out the pattern and added it to my big folder of patterns and forgot about him.


But I have learnt much over the past 2 years and so it was time to have a go and make a dragon. And I surprised myself.  Most of the projects I've worked on have been flat so I wasn't sure how I would get on with a 3D pattern, but actually it was fine.  A bit more concentration needed for counting, but I think he came out really well.  His wings use a front post stitch which I've not tried before, but a couple of youtube videos and some practice and it was pretty easy.


 He's a little smaller than I thought he'd be, but that's ok.  He rather makes me think of Terry Pratchett's swamp dragons - small enough to light your cigar!
I used double knit special by Stylecraft in claret and black, which was great to use and feels nice.  And added a little detail to his eyes with some pretty green/blue cotton given me by 'im outdoors grandma.
I'm really pleased with how he's come out.  I just hope he doesn't start any fires! 

No comments: