Monday 2 May 2022

Driftwood Jumper

 I really love Isabell Kraemer's knitting patterns and when I saw the Driftwood jumper I knew I had to knit it.  It just makes me think of days on the beach.  That bit at the end of the day where you're slightly sun burnt and sandy, and the sun is starting to set and you just want something against the breeze.  Plus I love stripes.

It was a little bit fiddly to start, the first bit is knitted in stockinette stitch so I had to learn how to M1R and M1L on a purl row.  And you have to keep in mind your colour change every 6 rows, but otherwise it was very straight forward.

I used 4 and a bit balls of Sirdar Snuggly Aran in Denim and Silver Grey.  The buttons came from TextileGarden

It's been on my list to knit for a bit, but once we booked a holiday in Devon this summer I knew I had to get it done before we go!  I'm so pleased with how it's come out and I can't wait to wear it this summer. 

I am now starting to wonder what it might look like in different colour combinations. 

No comments: