Monday 12 August 2024

Glass Beads With Frank Miguletz

 

This weekend I was back up in Yorkshire for another class at Tuffnell Glass, this time with Frank Muguletz who had come all the way from Germany to teach us.

 

Frank creates amazing strippy beads, often in rainbow colours and I was intrigue about how he made them, so of course had to sign up for the course.

I, of course, can't share his secrets, but they involve dots, gravity and a kitchen knife!

 

I think I love the beads I made on the first day most, but the second days lesson on using gravity for you, rather than fighting against it, and how in encase a bead in clear glass without adding bubbles will be so valuable for me in so many of my other projects.

 

I really enjoyed the weekend and I'm looking forward to taking what I've learnt into the studio, but they will have to have something really good to entice me to make the 6hr drive again. 

 

I've been pretty busy with some other glass projects, so hope to share those here soon too.





No comments: