Over the last month or so I have been collecting the skins from the onions I cook with. Last night I boiled them with washing soda for a couple of hours and this morning I mashed them up in a blender and made beautiful paper with them. As everyone had used a different plant fibre I got to try out all sorts including green tea and rushes.
I also made my first A4 sheets using my own mould and deckle. Sadly its too big to fit in my vats (washing up bowls) so I will have to get bigger vats and smaller mould and deckles. I feel a list coming on.
Tomorrow we start to look at Japanese papers, so learn a new technique. I can't wait.