Sunday 20 July 2014

Basingstoke Brackenwood 5k


Last year I ran the Basingstoke Brackenwood 5K for the first time in 26:39.  Today I ran it again; my aim to beat my PB.
And beat it I did with a time of 24:52!  I am so pleased!

Having run a couple of different distances now, I think I prefer the half marathon where you can run it mile by mile, while the 5k I find just a bit too fast with no way to pace it, you just have to run as fast as you can for the whole thing.  But of all the races I have run, I have to say this is one of the best organised.  No queues for the toilets and the results printed out by the time you've caught your breath.  I realise some of this is due to the size, only 217 ran, but its things like this that make all the difference.
So run it again next year?  Maybe...

No comments: