|My first attempt at a patter didn't work|
|Still not quite right|
I was rather glad to undo it all and start again. Drawing out my pattern helped a lot and I ended up with a pattern I liked and was happy with. I then started connecting the squares again, this time using a slip stitch.
I'd found a flower detail square in a friends book and used that as my center point. Then added squares round it until it looked right to me.
Then to finish it off I added a border. This was just a single stitch of each colour all the way round and I think it finishes it off really well. I used BabyBonus extra value DK wool which is really soft and makes it a good blanket for a child.
If I hadn't made the Frida Flower Blanket I would never have known to use a slip stitch to join squares together or thought to add a border, and yet it is these little details which really make the difference. This has been a really long project and I am glad to see it done. I'm really please with it and the practice it has given me for my new skills.