Thursday 6 November 2008

My favorite new book

I have made a new book, using a page of the October 2008 RSPB magazine. It was the second page in, and as soon as I saw it, I knew it had to be used. The only problem with it is the thinness of the paper. It means that it has bubbled in places and I’m afraid the spine will twist or rip.
But the picture is worth it. I’m always on the look out for something special and this defiantly is. It’s the sort of photo I long to capture and makes me think of crisp autumn days where I’d rather be out in the woods crunching over newly fallen leaves than stuck in an office.
If I find more magazine pages like this I shall have to look at how to strengthen them before I use them. One advantage of the wall paper is that it is very strong to start with.
And I’ve started to think about the use of my own photos to cover the books?

Now there’s a thought.

No comments: