Sunday 29 March 2015

Sketchnoting


In my mission to learn more about User Experience (UX) I've been attending lots of events in London.  After each one I'd find myself with a head full of ideas and some scribbled notes that I couldn't read the next day.  Something needed to change.
Then I came across Mike Rohde's book The Sketchnote Handbook.  Wow!  This book is all about how to take notes more effectively.  The main idea here is rather than writing an essay of exactly what was said, you should try to capture the main ideas using little drawings and arrows and key words.  Its not about drawing a perfect thing, but just getting that idea down.  'Ideas not art' as he puts it.
So at the last UXPA event which I attended I had a go.  I don't think I did too badly.  I've got all the main points down and I could read it all back days later!  Of course a bit of practice won't hurt, but I think I'm on to something here.

No comments: