Monday 30 May 2016

Frida's Flower Blanket part 4



Part 4 of the Frida flower blanket looked as scary as part 3, until I looked more closely and realised that quite a lot of it was the same.  It's really the central motive which is different.



I do really love these colourful squares, even if they are a little more complexed than the first couple I made.  And the black just sets all the colours off.  Janie Crow obviously know's what she is doing!


As I sat there adding the black to the first of 4 squares it suddenly occurred to me that this square reminds me of the beautiful paint work often found on narrowboats in the UK.  It has the same flower motive and colours set against black that these boats often have.


And as I add each square and my blanket grows, the more excited I get.  I can't wait to see the thing finished, but am also aware that once it is I'll have to find another project to work on.  And while that won't be a problem, I have a massive list of possible next projects, I'll be sad to see this project end.

No comments: