Friday 31 January 2014

St Mungo's Woolly Hat Day





After the success of my first real knitting project I was wondering what to try next.
I wanted something that would be interesting to do, while helping me to learn more about knitting.
Then I stumbled upon the St Mungo's Woolly Hat day where they are supplying 3 hat patterns for you to make, all they ask is you send the first one you make to them to sell to raise money for the charity.  Perfect!
I loved 2 of the three designs so made two to send them, which meant I tried double ribbing and tried following my first patterns.  Both good learning experiences.  I liked the purple hat best, but the grey would have been fine if I hadn't made it a tad too long (I now have a row counter on my phone).
Now I am free to play with these patterns - I can feel some stripes coming on.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I sense some decreases in there somewhere. Good work!