Sunday 14 September 2014

Knitting patterns


If you've been following this blog you will know that I have just started knitting.  I feel I have mastered simple patterns so thought I would try something a little more tricksy.
The first part wasn't too bad - I have now made three button holes and they seem to have worked well, but then we got into a part of the pattern which needs me to decrease and increase stitches, but just says things like 'Cast off 2 sts, patt to last 3 sts'.  I can understand why they don't go into full detail - the pattern would be pages long, but it does leave me feeling a little lost.
Being quite a visual person it occurred to me that if I drew it out then I would know exactly what I should be doing and when.  Out comes the white board and 40 minutes later I have my pattern.  Assuming everything goes to plan I should have something to show for it soon.

No comments: