Sunday 7 September 2014

Salisbury Contemporary Craft and Heritage Fayre




This weekend we went to the Salisbury Contemporary Craft and Heritage Fayre. We weren't really sure what to expect but there was a really nice selection of crafts and some cool heritage stuff too, althought I would have liked to see more. I think the chair maker and the chap making metal arrow heads were my favourites. 
In the craft marquee there was an amazing selection of jewellery, glass, wood, leather, wool and other things. Part of me was there as a customer, I bought a silver ring and a pair of leather ear rings, but a part of me was there absorbing everything and saving it for inspiration later. 
As always I was surprised at the lack of paper crafts. There seems to be a huge gap in the market, but I don't know if it's because no one is interested, so people don't buy it, (or they can't compete with Smiths) or if it just hasn't been tried yet?  I did see a really lovely book but it was the note pad of one of the exhibitors so not for sale. 

On the way home we stopped in Stockbridge and after watching the ducks and trout went to Broughton Crafts. I first visited this shop in 1991 and as a child I wanted everything in it, so it was a pleasant surprise to find that as an adult I still wanted everything in it, but now I have the money to spend if I want to!

A grand day out, I look forward to seeing what it inspires me to do.

No comments: