Sunday 28 September 2014

Running4Women Windsor 10k


This weekend I ran my 4th race this year, the Running4Women Windsor 10k.
I was due to run this with my sister but she had flu so I ran alone.
It was actually a really lovely little event.  We ran round Windsor Great Park on smooth paved roads and only the odd cyclist to content with.  The sun shone and in fact it was a little hot in places.
As I had been expecting to run with my sister I had not trained as hard as I should have, so to come within 18 seconds of my 10k pb isn't bad - 0:55:55.  Maybe with the correct training I'll beat it!
With less than 700 ladies running and a well marshaled route the whole race had a brilliant atmosphere.  I'd certainly be happy to run here again; maybe next time sister will be well enough to join me.

No comments: