Sunday 6 March 2016

The Knitting and Stitching Show

All the wool!
On Friday I took the day off work to visit the Knitting and Stitching show at Olympia.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was hopeful of seeing some nice things.  I was not disappointed!
One of Edward's Menagerie from TOFT
It was great to see so many different suppliers, many of which I already knew from the web.  Companies like Tilly and the Buttons, TOFT, and Black Sheep Wools, while meeting some great new companies too.

Animal heads from Sincerely Louise
Frida's Flowers Blanket by Janie Crow
A Crochet scarf kit by Janie Crow
The only problem was there was so much to see and buy!  I could easily have picked up supplies and patterns for enough projects to keep me busy for the next 5 years!  (never mind the list of projects I currently have.)

Floss & Mischief's vending machine
 In the end I had to make a choice between a lovely crochet scarf kit from Janie Crow or a bear making kit from Amazing Craft.  Cyril the mohair bear won.  I love bears and he is so cute, while I'm not sure my crocheting skills are ready for the scarf kit yet, maybe next year.

Cyril the mohair bear from Amazing Craft
Latvian mittens by Hobbywool
City map needlepoint kits by Hannah Bass
Crochet necklace of mice from Pretty Sisters
But while there was lots of things to buy and to make, there were also classes where you could learn how to make all sorts of things, and galleries of art works including quilts by The Quilter's Guild and these amazing knitted Nikes.
I had a grand day and think I'll be going back next year, but this time I will have a very long list of things I want!

Knitted Nike's by Jessica Dance

No comments: