A couple of weeks ago I made my first t-shirt using a pattern from Tilly and the Buttons book Stretch! I was really happy with how it came out but thought the neck was a bit high compared with what I normally wear, so I decided to have a go at modifying the pattern.
I found two t-shirts that I do wear and like, so using some rough paper cut out the new necklines based on them. I then stapled the paper together and tried it on. Happy that they worked I traced them onto my material. I'd accidentally bought too much of this lovely spotty material which meant I could make the two t-shirts at the same time.
It helped that I managed to find a super helpful page all about how to work out the new length of your neckline. With a little bit of maths I had the perfect length which meant I didn't have to mess about trying to work out what it should be.
|So happy with this new neckline|