Saturday 20 April 2019

Gorgeous Cakes - part 28


This week I made an Easter Battenburg and Easter Egg Brownies.  I've not made a round batternburg before - normally they are square, so that was interesting.  It also has ginger conserve between the layers of sponge, which is nice but a little over-powering and sadly no marzipan. 
It should have had almond flakes up the sides, but 'im outdoors doesn't like nuts and would have just picked them off - best not to bother.  
It did sink a little in the middle, but otherwise the sponges seemed to come out well.


I've made the brownie before, although I don't normally bother decorating them - they don't last very long.  It's an excellent recipe and makes a really nice gooey cake, which is exactly how brownies should be.  It should have nuts in, but as I said 'im outdoors doesn't like nuts so I just leave them out.   I'll be interested to see how they last the week.


Verdict:

No comments: