Sunday 12 February 2017

The Frensham Cushion Cover


The new house has a lovely big bay window with a seat.  But the seat is a little deep and for it to be really comfy it needs some cushions.  So I had a look for some patterns online.


The first I liked was the Frensham cushion cover.  It's inspired by the Frensham ponds which are quite close to where we live which adds to the appeal.  The original design uses yellow rather than green, which represents the sun glittering on the ponds, but I couldn't find yellow so went with green instead.


This is my first project using super chunky wool, which took a bit of getting used to.  I used Wendy Serenity super chunky from the wool shop in the village.  My 10mm needles finally got a work-out!
The lovely buttons are from The Button Shack.  30mm wood.


I'm very pleased with how it came out, and it definitely makes sitting in the bay window more comfortable.  I've already got a couple more patterns so it should have some friends soon.

No comments: