Last night I was back for part 2 of my trouser sewing course. We carried on from where we left off last week with our calico trousers, so I started the evening by finishing my second pocket.
Then I started putting together the legs. I started by sewing the inside legs up and together, then added a fly. As we were just making these to check the fit I didn’t add a zip or button so still not 100% sure how that bit will work, but I’m getting the general idea.
Then I sewed up the outside legs and added the pieces to make the waist.
And then I tried them on!! It is always crazy to try on something you’ve made.
They were too long and a bit baggy but nothing that can’t be fixed with a little fitting.
So next week I will be able to amend my pattern to make them a bit more fitted then start cutting out my ‘good’ material to make the final pair.