Monday 3 January 2011

Beady Necklaces

As if repairing Bibles and writing essays about Peter Pan wasn’t enough I’ve also finally gotten round to making the necklace with the beads I bought at the last Bead and Gem Show. What I liked best about them was their pastel colours and the feel of them.


While I was at it, I also strung some seed beads on some elastic to make a really simple necklace. Something with a little colour but hardly any weight. It was just an experiment really, but I really like how it’s turned out, so I might try it with some other colours when I’ve some more time (and some more elastic).
Note - 4 Jan 2011
I think the seed bead necklace needs some work.
Back to work today and I thought it would go nicely with my outfit. Put on my big coat and my scarf and felt something tickle my back. Didn’t think anything of it. Picked up my handbag and there is a sudden weird noise! I thought my water bottle was leaking for a moment, then realised it was the beads escaping onto our wooden floor. Nearly had to strip to get them all out – they got caught in my vest, bra, pants….

No comments: