Monday 28 March 2011

A Tea Light Cover



Quite often when I come up with ideas for either stories or things that I will create, I’m not 100% sure where the idea came from.  But when I created a paper lantern to go round a tea light this weekend I knew exactly what had inspired me.
First I saw these beautiful porcelain pierced star tea light holders on Etsy.  I’d seen them before Christmas and fallen in love, but I don’t normally have candles in the house so didn’t buy one.
Then a couple of weeks ago I came across a tutorial on how to make a paper hurricane cover on A Little Hut.  I love this blog anyway and thought it looked like something I could make.
So I combined the two and added my own creative finger print to make my very own tea light cover.  I don't expect that its something I will use, but I wanted to know what the combination of these three things would look like.  And I think that's the important thing about being creative, its the having a go and playing.  It doesn't matter if I don't use this right now.  Maybe later it will feed into something else.

No comments: