Wednesday 21 December 2011

An early Christmas present

I received an early Christmas present yesterday.
My Open University books arrived for the next course – AA312 Total war and social change, which starts in February.
In a way it is quite scary, this large box of heavy books, but it is also rather exciting.  It probably helps that we had a trip to the Imperial War Museum last week, which really got me thinking.  It is easier to remember that the two World Wars were very real when you have weapons and uniforms etc in front of you rather than just a text which takes about numbers of people dying which are just too large for me to understand.
It also had a very interesting section on conflicts since 1945 which helped give me a better understanding of why we are where we are right now.  This is something I am hoping will be expanded on by AA312.
I shall leave them in the box until after Christmas though.

No comments: