Sunday 3 March 2013

Last of the day schools


Yesterday I had my last Day school/tutorial for Lola.  But it was more than that, assuming I pass this course, it was also my last day school/tutorial for my degree.  This is quite a scary thought.  Suddenly the end is sight, even though I still have 3 months to go, and 7 years of study is very close to ending.
Part of me is over joyed.  When I started I was not intending to complete a degree, just take a short creative writing course.  These have been 7 long years and I am really looking forward to having my spare time all to myself again.  
But at the same time I am sad.  I have found the last 7 years really interesting, if hard work at times, and I have learnt A LOT.  The OU is a lovely place to study and I’ll miss the community.  And in a way all that spare time is a little scary.  With no deadlines to work towards what will keep me motivated and off the sofa?  
I’m sure I’ll find something to do.  I guess I need to complete my last 3 months first before I get too worried.

No comments: