Thursday 26 December 2013

Slouchy wool hat

Rib and stripes - the easy bit

With stripy triangles to finish the top of the hat

Texture


So a few weeks ago I decided I wanted a slouchy wooly hat.  But could I find one I liked?  Of course not!  Then it occurred to me - I could knit one.
So with the help of my good friend Katie and some books from the library, I've done it.
I started with some rib, then made stripes by switching between stocking stitch.  This was the easy bit and done by the beginning of the week, and then I had to ask Katie's advice on how to finish.  Advice came just in time for me to take my knitting to the Family Christmas Dinner, and rather than be bored in the afternoon, I managed to finish the knitting side of things.  Once home I stitched it all together and a hat was born.
I am so pleased with it.  Its exactly how I wanted it and yet I just made it up.  I love that it came from my own fair hands.  I really can't wait to make some more stuff and try out more stitches. Thanks Katie!

No comments: