Wednesday 9 July 2014

The wedding

After a year of planning we finally said 'I do'.
We had the most beautiful weekend, starting with a small ceremony at our local Registry Office, before moving on to The Stag on the River, one of our favourite pubs, for afternoon tea.  The food (and company) was sooooooo good.
Then on Saturday we invited everyone we knew to the Queen Elizabeth Country Park for a hog roast, archery and camping.
We kept the whole thing simple and enjoyed every minute.





The dress was made for me by Larimeloom.  It was a bit of a last minute request on my part, but she did a beautiful job and it was perfect.  It looked great in the Registry Office but didn't mind a damp field either.



The flowers in my hair were a perfect match to the day, and the dress, and were supplied by Gardens of Whimsy. I adored the butterfly detail.



I made my own bouquet and 'im outdoors' button hole following Lia Griffith's template and instructions.  They looked great, and didn't mind when I dropped them, or that the event was over 2 days.


The postbox worked a treat, with everyone (big or small) enjoying 'posting' their cards and gifts to us, while it kept everything safe.


'I'm outdoors had done well when he chose my engagement ring from Honngaijewelry but it did mean we found it hard to find a wedding ring that worked with the shape.
In the end we went to Simon Pure and asked them to make one for us.  What came back was a perfect fit with a beautiful finish.

All our photos were taken by John, my old manager.  I can not tell you how pleased we were with the end results.

I'd never put much thought into imagining my wedding day - there doesn't seem much point when you don't know who the groom will be, but if I had, I think it would have looked something very like what we ended up with.  Now to plan the honeymoon…



1 comment:

Ann Martin said...

Warmest wishes! Your wedding looks perfect. I bet Lia will be thrilled to learn you carried a bouquet of flowers made from her template.