Sunday 9 November 2014

Passing on the knowledge

I'm very busy at the moment.  Lots of different crafting projects (although nothing I can report on just yet) and a honeymoon to prepare for!
So it was really nice to spend a lunchtime this week passing on my knitting knowledge to a work colleague.  Her ultimate aim is to knit matching cardys for her little girls, and with a little practice I don't see why she couldn't do that.
But what was so nice was this was how I learnt to knit.  This time last year my very good friend Katie, sat down with me and some wool and got me started.  Before long I had myself a hat, and I haven't really stopped since.  I think one of the things I really love about knitting is how I can do it sat on the sofa while 'im outdoors watches TV or plays on the xbox.  I don't have to put down newspaper or wait for anything to dry.  I don't have to take a day off work to do it, I can just knit a single row while waiting for something to cook, and put it down again.
This year I have finally learnt to knit, and I can't really see me stopping any time soon.

No comments: