Tuesday 16 June 2015

June Writers Group

As summer kicks in so the writers group gets smaller.  I won't see some of them until September now, lucky things.
But it was still a good meeting, with some nice pieces read out, including one I wrote.  Yes I know, I actually finished a piece.  And I got some good feedback for it too, so feel that I can add to it and make it even better.
We also had a really good discussion about how to show not tell - the first rule of creative writing.  Its interesting how the script writer had a different idea from me, a prose writer.

Homework: Use the following as the starting point or inspiration for a story or poem: I had a black dog…

(inspired by the title of Matthew Johnstone’s book of the same name, which I haven't read - I just really liked the title)

No comments: