Friday 28 August 2015

Leaving - part 1

After nearly 9 years working at the University of Surrey, the last 4 in the Digital Team, today I said good bye and move on to a new adventure.  Its been interesting and I have learnt so much and met some lovely people, but it is now time for something new.
A couple of years ago I admitted to my manager that my current role was driving me a little crazy and I wanted a new challenge.  He introduced me to the world of User Experience (UX), even sending me to the UX Intensive conference which blew my mind!  
Here finally was something that REALLY interested me but that I could put into use in a way my knitting or paper making can't.

So after a lot of thought and soul searching I leave the University to join a 10 week full time UX Design Immersive with the General Assembly.  The programme is so exciting if rather full.  By the end of it my UX knowledge should be much improved and I should have the start of a portfolio to prove my skill to future employers.  There is no guarantee of a job at the end of the 10 weeks, but if you put the time and effort in something good is bound to happen.

Over the next 10 weeks I will probably be a little quiet on here.  No time for running or knitting when I am commuting up to London every day and trying to fit homework in too. I'll try to put up a weekly post about what I've been up to that week and you can see more of the interesting UX stuff I come across on my Tumblr.

See you on the other side...

No comments: