Saturday 9 January 2016

A strange Christmas present


Any ideas what this is?  No me either when I opened it on Christmas Day.  It came in a plain white box and everyone looked at me in expectation as I opened the lid.  Luckily they took pity on me and explained - it's a 'Wool Ball Holder'.  Of course!
As the instructions say, "This support rotates on the base and allows the ball to unwind by itself.  Simply slide the ball on the edge and knit quietly, without fear of knots."


I wasn't sure what I thought, but I've just started a big project and tried it out with my first ball of wool.  So far so good.  It sure beats having your ball of wool run off across the room, gathering all the dust and muck it can find.  Thank you Mother-in-Law!
I have several big knitting projects I'd like to work on this year so the Wool Ball Holder has come at just the right time.  To give you an idea of the first project here is all the wool I will need!  I will of course post about it once I have something to show. 

No comments: