Monday 28 August 2017

Shorts


During the summer I like to sleep in a pair of light cotton shorts and a vest top.  Recently I tore one pair of shorts and I am finding it hard to find a replacement.  No worries I thought, I'll just make myself a new pair.
Using a mixture of the skills I got from the trouser making classes in January and the copy your clothes course from 2015, I created a pattern based on my favorite sleeping shorts.

Love this material
I cut it out and started putting it all together, so far so good.  But then I added the waist band and this is when it all went wrong.  They went from fitting, to being much too small. I know what went wrong.  I kinda mixed two designs together without giving the other waist band enough material.  So now I have to decide if I should unpick this one and try and save it, or if I should modify the pattern a bit and try again?

No comments: