Saturday 23 December 2017

Christmas Gingerbread Biscuits


I read a nice magazine called The Simple Things.  Last month amongst all the other lovely things were some images (and a recipe) of biscuits with patterns stamped on them.  As soon as I saw them I wanted to have a go!


But that meant finding some stamps, which proved to be more difficult than I had imagined.  Eventually I found some beautiful ones on Etsy shop SwissvintageandMore - a shop based in Hungary.  Mirtill was very helpful and somehow managed to get them to me just in time for Christmas!


So this morning I spend my time making gingerbread biscuits with a lime butter icing.  The hardest part is stamping your dough hard enough that the pattern doesn't disappear with cooking.  The stamps themselves are things of beauty never mind the fact they make such pretty biscuits.  I'm looking forward to trying out a mixture of recipes to see which stamp best.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: