Saturday 24 February 2018

The disappointing hat


Last year I found a pattern for a hat which looked nice, but also had a few things within it that I wanted to have a go at and thought a hat project would be an ok size to try them out on.  For instance it would give me a chance to do some more cable, have a proper go at knitting in the round and try working in two colours.


But it wasn't to be.  Every time I get to the end of the ribbed section where the pattern really starts and you should be working in stocking stitch, its gone backwards and turned into garter stitch, the stocking stitch being on the inside. 


I've tried twice now, being so careful with the pattern, but either there is something missing from the pattern or I'm not doing something right.  It's so disappointing as I really wanted to make and then wear this hat.  I'll have to see if any of my knitting friends can help, otherwise I'll just have to find a different hat pattern to make.

No comments: