Sunday 25 March 2018

Gladsmuir Cushion

  
The last month or so I've been working on a new cushion cover to add to my collection.  Most of the patterns I've managed to find so far have been knitted so I was quite excited to find a crochet pattern that wasn't just made of granny squares.




Can you see how the squares fit together?  It sort of messes with your head, doesn't it?


Once I worked out how to make the first set of squares that make the corner of a square they were really easy to make, in fact I made a bunch of them on the train to Manchester and back when I went up there for a conference recently.



The Janie Crow kit was a Christmas present from my Mum and contained the instructions and 13 balls of Jamieson's of Shetland Spindrift wool.  I'm not sure I'd want to make a jumper out of it - a bit itchy, but its perfect for a cushion.
It makes a splendid addition to my cushion collection.  I wonder how many more I need to fill up the bay window seat?

No comments: