Sunday 1 July 2018

After the Rain Jumper


I found the jumper pattern 'After the Rain' a couple of years ago.  I fell in love straight away, but I'd not knitted a jumper before (or any clothing come to that) and it is knitted in the round and to be honest looked a little scary.  But I kept looking at it and at the beginning of this year I decided, this was going to be the year I knitted a jumper.


It was a very easy pattern to follow once I'd got my head round the knitting in the round bit.  I used Stylecraft's bambino DK wool in vintage blue and sage, which is lovely and soft and a brilliant colour.
I started knitting right at the end of March and it took me about 3 months to complete.  Of course it was nothing like as hard as I'd imagined - the worst bit making sure I changed colour for the stripes at the right place.


And I'm pretty pleased with how its come out - I mean it actually looks like a jumper and it fits!  However I am thinking about making another one, but a size or so bigger, and maybe a tad longer in the body - this one is a bit snug and not as long as I like my jumpers.
I've also got some other jumper patterns that I'd like to knit now, and suddenly it doesn't seem quite so impossible.

No comments: