Thursday 24 December 2020

Hand Printed Christmas Cards

 

This year I finally had time to create my own hand printed Christmas cards.  

I've wanted to do this ever since I spend a day at my neighbours house learning how to lino print last year.

I started by drawing out my design in my sketch book before transferring it onto my block of lino.  I then spent ages carving it out before doing my first test print.

 

I used way too much ink that first time, but my print still came out well and knowing that it would work, I started preparing my paper for printing.  I wanted my star to be coloured so I painted each sheet yellow first.  (the yellow is more lemon in real life)

 

Once they were printed I hung them up to dry and a week later cut them out and mounted them on old wapping paper before sticking to the cards.

 

I'm really pleased with how they've come out and I hope everyone who received one liked them too.  Maybe next year I'll be a bit more adventurous and try something bigger!

 

(Note to self: if you want people to know they are hand printed, you need to tell them - maybe by writing it on the back or something!)

No comments: