Tuesday 9 August 2022

Jewellery Pouch

 Earlier this year I made a silver lava ball necklace and bracelet set.  It's pretty but not something I would wear everyday, so I started to think about how I would like to protect them when not being warn.

 

Of course most of the jewellery I own was bought and so comes in its own box or pouch.  With limited space in my drawers, I decided a pouch might be best.  But what to make it from?

In June we went to Devon for a week.  While there we crossed the border and visited Bude and I found myself, on the hotest day of the year so far, trying on fleece jumpers at Kernow Fleece!  They were lovely and I bought one, although I've not had a chance to wear it yet.

 

While speaking to the lovely lady in the shop, I asked if they would sell me an off cut.  She had so many and I only wanted a small piece so she gave it to me.

 

I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it, using a design I created years ago to hold a key while running to stop it jingling.  So this week I finally got the chance to get my sewing machine out and create it.

I wasn't sure it would be big enough, but its perfect.  It holds the necklace and bracelet nicely but in a secure way - I'm pretty sure they would find it hard to escape.  Another small thing ticked off my list.

No comments: