Monday 5 December 2022

Portland Cardigan

 

I loved the chunky look of this cardigan when I saw it and wanted to have a go.  I think this is the most chunky thing I've knitted yet and it was amazing how quickly it came together.

I was a little disappointed that it's knitted flat and sewn together, but it's not the end of the world, and I guess if you made it as one piece it would get pretty heavy very quickly.

I used 5 balls of Stylecraft Special XL super chunky in duck egg, and my biggest needles.  And rather than taking months it took weeks!

 

I love the fisherman rib stitch.  I was worried it would slow me down, but it's really easy and looks fantastic.  I love how chunky the whole thing is.

If I was doing it again I'd make sure I was even more loose when binding off the top of the sleeves, and I might be tempted to make the front panels a little wider, but otherwise I think its come out pretty well.  Not sure if I can wear it to the office though - it might be too chuncky to fit under my coat!


No comments: