Sunday 8 January 2023

Gelli Plate Printing

 For Christmas I asked for and received a gelli printing plate.  I'd seen people playing with them on Instagram and wanted to have a go.

It is sooooo much fun, and really quick.  Pro: you can set up a print in minutes; Con: you only get one print each time.

So far I've just been playing to see what works.  Printing leaves had worked quite well, but works best when they are flat.  Printing textures is interesting - loving the bubble wrap print.

 

I've also tried printing with wax rubbings which worked quite nicely too.

I'm loving how you can layer things and mix colours etc.  So many possibilities.

I've also tried to take images from photos in magazines, but that didn't work for me.  Several reasons this could be, so I need to try that a bit more.

I think the thing I need to do before I try any more is to buy some new paint.  All the paint I have is from when I was at college, which is something like 20 years ago.  I'm surprised how well its done to be honest, but I guess paint without lumps in and that isn't seperating would probably work better.

'im outdoors has said he'll take the old paint when I get round to replacing it, so at least it won't go to waste. 

No comments: