I had a lovely morning, and as we were finished we were told they would be running more classes later in the year, this time to make Icelandic poppies. I signed up as soon as the class went online!
So today I was back at the barn to have a go at making paper poppies.
It was a hot one today, but not too bad in the barn. But by lunchtime even just sitting and cutting was making me sweat. I was very glad not to be on one of the basket making classes outside!
I very cheekily asked if I could make two as I'd found in the last class that I was quicker than many people and thought I'd have time to make two rather than just stare out of the barn door. (I also wanted two more flowers to go with the peony from last time, rather than just one). Lovely Rachel said I could, so I just paid for the extra materials.
And it worked well. Having done one class I had an idea of how these flowers might go together so it was just a case of listening to instructions and doing everything twice. I kept up easily and didn't feel I was wasting time, or slowing the group down.
I'd had a look before class to see what sort of colours Icelandic poppies normally are so went with a lovely apricot colour and a peach. Both will sit well with the peony.
The poppy has less petals than the peony, but there were a little more fiddly to shape.
But once everything was stuck together they looked great! I think the peony is still my favourite, but I am really pleased with how the poppies came out. The papers that Rachel hand dyes are stunning and just give that little extra detail that finish the flowers perfectly.







No comments:
Post a Comment