Wednesday 9 September 2009

The Return of the Writers Group

Yesterday saw the return of the writers group. Yay!
I nearly missed it, but luckily Outlook knows what I should be doing and gave me a poke.
I wasn't the only one with nothing to read out - phew! But that doesn't feel good for the up and coming A363.
Homework:
If you could travel back in time to any historical event, what would it be? Now describe it. What are you doing there? Are you one of the participants? Or just watching it? What do you see? What do you hear? What time of day is it? Are there any particular smells?
Which is interesting as I've an idea for a story which starts in WW1.
Anne also says; 'Doesn't have to be accurate either - don't worry too much about the actual facts. Just enjoy being in someone else's viewpoint in a time not our own!
If you need any help thinking about history, there's the World Wars, the Battle of Hastings, the English Civil War, the Fire of London, Columbus, the US War of Independence, Joan of Arc, suffragettes and plagues - as a starter.' In many ways there is just too much choice!

2 comments:

davbav said...

I Vote world war 2

Wild Creations said...

Well you would chicken :)

Come on then, I'd love to see what you write...