Sunday 27 February 2011

My New Travel Blog


Well I finally decided what to do about my journal of our trip to Egypt.
Rather than wasting time trying to fix a problem uploading photos onto a site that doesn’t do what I want it to, I decided to move all my travels on to a self created blog.
When I travel, I normally stay away from technology, either because there isn’t any like during my trips to the Namibian desert or the Amazonian Rainforest, or because I’d rather experience the local culture and forget day to day life for a bit.
This means that I didn’t want a site that I am expected to update as I travel across a country, rather somewhere to write up what we did afterwards as a memory of the trip.  I think this gives you time to think about your trip and share the best bits with your friends and family, rather than feeling pressured to write something when all you’re really doing it chilling in a hammock.
I love travelling and love telling everyone all about my trip.  I’d love to be a travel writer, always off somewhere new to find great places for people to visit.  But at the same time I’m a home bod, and couldn’t leave ‘im outside behind and doubt he’d be able to leave the landscaping for long.
So I compromised, with our yearly? trips and my travel blog.

No comments: