Monday 31 December 2018

Georgous Cakes - part 13


I've done a lot of baking over the last week or so, not that I mind.  On Christmas morning, before taking Milo for a 4 mile run, I made a Lemon Meringue Pie to take with us for Christmas dinner.  It was a very simple recipe and came out really well although I don't think it would last very long (not that it got the chance).
Later in the week I made an Italian Currant Cake which came out very nicely, even if all the currants sank to the bottom.  


There are still many recipes left to try out in 2019! 

Verdict:  

Lemon Meringue Pie:  Very nice and easier than some recipes I've tried.  Does need to be eaten on the day as it doesn't last very well.

Italian Currant Cake:  Really tasty, even with all the currants sunk to the bottom.  'im outdoors said its one of the best fruit cakes he's had.

No comments: