Sunday 10 February 2019

Georgous Cakes - part 19


This week I made a Sachertorte (chocolate cake) and Iced Cherry Shortbread.  I've made the shortbread before and it's very tasty.  A little crumbly but with a lovely tang of orange.  This batch came out well and I could eat lots of it.
The cake came out well too.  It was fairly easy to make, but her quantities for the topping were way over what we needed!  She wanted a whole jar of jam when a couple of big spoonfuls would have done and as for the chocolate icing we had so much that I iced all the biscuits and still had a bowl left over!  It was also very runny which needed a little management. Still it tastes good so thats ok.


Verdict:

Sachertorte: Pretty good and it lasted the week well.  Just a shame the details for the icing make way too much.

Iced Cherry Shortbread:  Love this!  Its tasty with a nice crumble and I could eat the whole batch although its quite rich. 

No comments: