Saturday 14 December 2019

A Pair of Bears

This summer I met up with some old friends who I haven't seen for ages.  
One of them bought her 2 little boys, Dylan and Franklyn, with her.  I'm not really a kids sort of person, but I was really impressed with them.  They were very well behaved considering they had had quite a journey to get to us and then had to sit with 5 ladies that they didn't know, talking about boring adult stuff.

So I decided to knit them a pair of Herman bears.  I choose 2 dark colours as I know what can happen with a loved toy and I don't want them to be put away and not played with because they 'might get dirty'. 

To try and make the noses a bit better I used triangles of felt.  Better than my other attempts but still not quite right.
I sent them off this week.  I hope they will arrive in time for Christmas and they like them.

No comments: