Monday 30 December 2019

Floral Finch Cushion


At the beginning of June this year I went to the Farnham Maltings festival of textiles - Thread.  So many lovely things to choose from, so along with some lovely buttons I bought myself a cross stitch kit to make a cushion.

I've used aida before, but never linen, so I was a little nervous, but I loved the look of it so had to have a go.  The kit was from bobostitch and had everything I could possibly want including a little booklet explaining all the stitches and how to read the pattern etc.
Once I got started it was really straight forward, so I've just been plugging away at it in between all the other things that have been going on.

While I loved the cross stitch I didn't enjoy the outlining so much.  However the finished cushion looks amazing and I'm so pleased with it.  It sits very nicely with my chicken cushion in the big arm chair.


It's a lovely way to finish the year, and I'm looking forward to deciding what project to start 2020 with.

No comments: