It's a very straightforward pattern, and once you get it in your head, very easy to follow.
I was slightly thrown when I started to make the back to find it wasn't the same size as the front, but when I spoke to the very helpful lady in my local wool shop she said it's because cotton stretches as you use it.
I had decided to go with the suggest yarn - PaintBox cotton mix DK in Pebble, which is lovely and soft and has a nice drap to it. I used about 4 1/2 balls, although I did make the arms a little longer than suggested.
The thing that really slowed me down was then having to sew it all up. I hate that, especially when you've got to go slow to find the right stich to sew into. It was very strange, having started this project in August, to be finishing it up in December while listening to Christmas carols. Especially as this is a summer item!
While sewing up I was a little worried that it might be too tight, so I didn't sew all the way to the bottom on each side, which I think looks nice.
I'm hoping that we have a better summer next year and I actually get to wear it! Fingers crossed.