Sunday 15 September 2024

St Catherines Cardigan

 

For the last couple of months I've been working on St Catherines Cardigan by Kate Davies.

I love her designs and this one had caught my eye with its stripes, some of which don't do what is expected of them.

 

So off to the the wool shop I went and got myself some Stylecraft DK in Graphite and A Hint of Silver.  I used just under 2 balls of each.

Once I'd worked out my gauge and the size needles I'd need I got going.  Being garter stitch it was mostly knit, with a little purl when working on the arms and the edging.  There was a bunch of picking up stitches to do which I hate! And it is finished with a 3 stitch i-cord bind off which is pretty straightforward but seemed to take forever.

 

It's come out pretty well, but there are a few things I could improve on.  For instance some of the stitches I picked up on the collar are not very neat.  And somehow I managed to do an extra row of graphite stitches on the second arm, only noticing when it didn't line up with the first.  Doh!  No way I was undoing all that to correct it.

But as a cardigan to wear around the house, especially when I'm having hot/cold moments I think it'll do just fine!  I like how chunky it is.

No comments: