Wednesday 17 April 2019

Frankie Baseball T-Shirt - amended


A couple of weeks ago I made my first t-shirt using a pattern from Tilly and the Buttons book Stretch!  I was really happy with how it came out but thought the neck was a bit high compared with what I normally wear, so I decided to have a go at modifying the pattern.


I found two t-shirts that I do wear and like, so using some rough paper cut out the new necklines based on them.  I then stapled the paper together and tried it on.  Happy that they worked I traced them onto my material.  I'd accidentally bought too much of this lovely spotty material which meant I could make the two t-shirts at the same time.


It helped that I managed to find a super helpful page all about how to work out the new length of your neckline.  With a little bit of maths I had the perfect length which meant I didn't have to mess about trying to work out what it should be.

So happy with this new neckline
Once again I'm really happy with how they came out.  The slightly deeper neckline is exactly what I wanted, so I'll be creating a proper new pattern piece so I can make it again.  I think the other one might need a bit of work to make it more boat like, but it still has potential.  

No comments: