Thursday 25 April 2019

Joni Dress


With a week off for Easter and some lovely stripy material just waiting for me to do something with it, it was time to have a go at another of Tilly and the Buttons Stretch patterns.  This time I made the Joni Dress.


I did make it a little harder for myself by using a stripy material, but it was still pretty straightforward to make.  I spent an afternoon getting my pattern sorted and cutting out my material, then a day to sew it all together.


The hardest part was the neck line, but I got there in the end.  Matching up the stripes took a little extra time, but was well worth it in the end.  I'd also found some tiny pink buttons in my button jar which were just perfect for a little detail on the arms.
I only wish I'd thought to add pockets when I was putting together the skirt.  Tilly has a blog post about how to do this with any pattern which would have been perfect.


I can't decide if this can be a work dress or not.  The pink stripes are a little sparkly, so it feels like it wants to have more fun than just sit in an office.  I do know that I'd like to have a go at making it as a real party dress with velvet and sequins!  Maybe in time for Christmas?

No comments: